The annual edition of the National Hardware Show® (NHS) will include several new additions to this year’s edition (May 7 to 9 at the Las Vegas Convention Center) including new sections and categories, additional interactive experiences, and enhanced programs.
“Simply stated, there are so many new and exciting things happening at NHS 2019 that buyers and retailers can’t afford to miss it,” says Rich Russo, Industry Vice President for NHS. “From new categories and sections that address the hottest trends in the industry to brand new interactive experiences and programs to help attendees better plan their schedule, NHS 2019 will be something the industry continues to talk about well after the show floor closes.”
Below is just a sampling of the new sections and categories:
• Tiny Living @ NHS: Designed specifically for professionals in the small living, modular, and manufactured housing industries, this section will allow attendees to discover companies that specialize in products and services for this growing segment. Those companies – which will be situated within the NHS show floor product categories – will focus on tiny living needs and trends. Furthermore, Tiny Living @ NHS will feature two days of conference programming to help further educate industry professionals on this emerging space. The Small Build & Construction Technology Conference will boast a mixture of interactive panels covering topics such as flat-pack and kit homes, 3D printed housing, hempcrete housing, generative design, developing tiny house communities, the growing modular movement, and more. Key speakers include Tim Costello, CEO of BDX, Inc.; James Casper, Founder and CEO of Baya Build, Inc.; Jeff Sample, Contech Crew Podcast Co-Host, JBKnowledge; K. Gabrielle Rapport, Founder & Executive Director at Operation Tiny Home; as well as Zack Giffin and John Weisbarth, Co-Hosts of Tiny House Nation on A&E.
• Impulse Aisle: This newly designated show floor area will shine a spotlight on those products that aim to meet customers’ needs as they head to the check-out line. These products will range from novelty items that are both eye-catching and tempting to items that consumers might have neglected or forgot to grab before completing their purchase.
• Retail Service Solutions: This is the perfect place to find products that allow store owners to take their operation to the next level by creating unique and visual merchandising, managing and improving the functionality of their retail stores, and creating a great buying experience for their customers.
• Show Steals & Deals: This year, show visitors will be able to access exclusive deals and show specials through the NHS Mobile App, both pre-show and onsite. Attendees can swipe through a gallery of offers and pick the ones that are of most interest. Once an offer is selected, app users enter an email address to receive their selections with instructions on how to redeem (e.g. visit a booth, go to a website, follow on social media, etc.).
In addition, NHS will feature experiences and destinations on the show floor that will make it easy for attendees to experience the new products being showcased first-hand.
• Interactive Smart Home: The brand-new Interactive Smart Home at NHS will give attendees a chance to gain hands-on experience with some of the most-talked-about products in the category. As they walk through the structured house, attendees will learn more about the featured products through dedicated visuals and demonstrations, creating a realistic and interactive experience in the environment the products were designed for.
• The Backyard Marketplace: Located in the Tailgate, Backyard & BBQ section of the show floor, this section will be a must-see destination to relax and reenergize while celebrating favorite and beloved outdoor living brands. It will be equipped with shade, a hydration station, food, music, entertainment, and featured brands with products that are leaders and trending in the outdoor lifestyle category.
To enhance the planning experience, NHS has expanded its recommendations program by offering exhibitor recommendations based on the information that attendees submit during the registration process as well as product recommendations as well. This amplified recommendations program was created to permit attendees to personalize their onsite experience before they come to the show.
Registration for buyers and retailers is free from now until March 15 at www.nationalhardwareshow.com.