The international lighting community is getting ready as the Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibition, organized by Guangzhou Guangya Messe Frankfurt Co Ltd., will hold its 18th edition June 9-12 at the China Import and Export Fair Complex in Guangzhou, China. There are 2,541 exhibitors from 27 countries and regions expected to highlight their latest developments in lighting technology and design as well as provide a look into the future of the overall industry.
Together with the concurrent fairs, Guangzhou Electrical Building Technology and Building Solar China, the show will offer one of the most integrated platforms on lighting & building technology, aimed at attracting a range of project-based buyers from architects, engineers, contractors,and property developers. In total, 21 halls covering 215,000 square meters of exhibition space will be utilized over the four-day event.
Some of the leading brands and their associated categories present this year will include:
Lighting fixtures & accessories – ALANOD (Germany), BJB (Germany), ESTO (Austria), Everlight (Taiwan), GE Lighting (U.S.), Kingsun (China), KNY DESIGN (Austria), OPTILED (Hong Kong), OSRAM (Germany), Philips (The Netherlands), Prosperity (Hong Kong), TSMC (Taiwan), Unilumin (China), and ZALUX (Spain).
LED Technology, including drivers & controllers, encapsulates, wafers & chips and packaging – APT (Hong Kong), Cree (U.S.), Dow Corning (Japan), LED ENGIN (U.S.), Meanwell (Taiwan), Monocrystal (Russia), MOSO (China), Niche-Tech (Hong Kong), NXP (The Netherlands), ON Semiconductor (U.S.), RAMPF Giessharze (Germany), Seoul Semiconductor (Korea), Shin-Etsu (Japan) and Tridonic (Austria)
Lighting, LED production, and inspection equipment – Chroma (Taiwan), Everfine (China), Instrument Systems (Germany), Konica Minolta (Japan), Labsphere (US) and Texas Instruments (U.S.)
More than 100,000 visitors are expected to attend the 2013 fair. Buying delegations, a key part of the Guangzhou show’s previous editions, will make an even stronger presence this year. Mr Richard Li, General Manager of Messe Frankfurt in China states, “Buying delegations have been highly praised by exhibitors in our past shows. The majority of the qualified buyers who participate are decision-makers at their companies and have clear-cut targets for the kind of suppliers they hope to meet. This year, we have confirmed delegations and buyer groups from China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, South Korea, and Taiwan. In addition, we will host delegations from the emerging markets of Russia and Ukraine.”
A key feature to the event is the numerous networking opportunities available to attendees through the range of concurrent programs that offer valuable insight to market trends. For the 2013 show, more than 100 sessions of seminars and forums have been planned to take place with programs designed around the four core themes of design, technology, as well as market and strategic partnership development. Topics within these core themes include:
- 9th Asia Lighting Arts Symposium – A forum on the art of lighting, looking into both the functionality and artistry of lighting products and associated projects from past to present.
- Lighting Design Gallery – Returning for its fourth edition, the gallery will focus on the theme of -Sustainability” and gather worldwide lighting associations (IALD, PLDA, LUCI, AALD and CLDA) to share inspiration on lighting design.
- Asia LED Summit – Composed of two programs:�
- LEDth Summit: A look into the LED industry’s current state and future.
- LEDforum 2013 Guangzhou: Looking into the development of the LED industry over the next five years, channel strategies of Chinese LED suppliers and key developments in LED manufacturing processes and relevant equipment.
- China Lighting Distribution Market Summit 2013 – A networking and information sharing platform for associated distributors involved in lighting channel management.
- China Urban Lighting Development Summit – organized by the China Illuminating Engineering Society, the summit has invited government officials and industry experts to share their views on planning, design and the implementation urban lighting concepts across China.
- AGORA – Returning for its third edition, AGORA serves as a networking venue with influential industry associations. This year’s main focus is to highlight business opportunities in the emerging markets of India, the Middle East, and Russia.
The Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibition – Alighting Awards, honoring professionals, outstanding products, as well as projects that have greatly contributed to the development of China’s lighting industry makes its debut at the 2013 fair. This new addition to the annual show, judged by a panel of 100+ industry experts, aims to encourage the future development of China’s lighting market and provide year-round promotion of the country’s lighting industry through networking activities across China. A number of leading companies are joining in the competition to compete for “The Best Product Award”, “The Best Project Award” and “The Most Outstanding Industry Contribution Award.”
Both Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibition and Guangzhou Electrical Building Technology are headed by the biennial Light + Building event, which will take place from March 30 – April 4 2014 in Frankfurt, Germany. For more information about the 2013 edition of the Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibition, visit www.light.messefrankfurt.com.cn or e-mail email@example.com.