David Shiller – inventor of the GU24 self-ballasted lamp, recipient of the American Lighting Association’s (ALA) Pillar of the Industry Award in 2013, and founder of Pittsburgh, Pa.-based Lighting Solution Development – has teamed up with Gary Flamm, a former California regulator with the CA Energy Commission who helped write many of California’s most influential lighting regulations, to jointly offer educational sessions that explore the important market drivers for today’s energy-efficient lighting market.
The new joint training program is available on the following critical topics to advanced lighting manufacturers:
- California Title 24, including upcoming changes effective July 2014
- California Title 20, product regulations
- New California enforcement regulations
- The California Quality Lamp Specification, required for major CA utility rebates on screw-based LED lamps
- The national utility rebate market, including important trends in residential and commercial rebates
- Voluntary program certifications, including ENERGY STAR, DLC, CEE, Lighting Facts, and more
“I’m thrilled to team with Gary Flamm and provide this training to my lighting manufacturer colleagues,” notes OEM sales exec David Shiller, who has served as co-chair of the ALA Engineering Committee since 2010 and ran ENERGY STAR lighting programs from 2002 to 2006. “I have received interest to have this training for manufacturers’ sales and product development staffs, at their annual internal meetings, and at major trade shows to draw increased traffic.” Lighting Solution Development assists lighting manufacturers with OEM and private-label sales as well as consulting services that includes utility rebate representation, certification management, product development, recruiting, market research, lighting layouts, motor design engineering, and 3D printing.
Shiller and Flamm are currently taking reservations for private classes and are available to schedule sessions at upcoming industry conferences. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org